What is a Colour Palette?
Colour palettes are the primary colours applied to your logo that should be used consistently across your marketing material.
Colour palettes can include depending on the branding:
- Flat colours: one solid colour
- Colour Gradient: is a colour progression of two or more colours
Colour palettes or swatches showcase the colour values used for print and digital, so your corporate colours can be represented correctly across multiple platforms. These values are CMYK, RGB and HEX values for print and web purposes.
- CMYK Values: The percentages of Cyan, Magenta, Yellow and Black that make up a specific colour for a four-colour printing process.
- RGB Values: The Red, Green and Blue values that make up an online colour – not to be used for printed material.
- HEX Values: The HEX values that make up an online colour – not to be used for printed material.
A strong colour palette, backed up by consistent use, will create an authentic and recognisable brand.